Hello, everybody, it's been a while since I last wrote a post. It's business as usual at Singularity Robots.
The Singularity Bot has had some improvements. I found and fixed the bug in the algorithm and it's showing promise for being able to navigate and "remember" things. I ended up writing a Qt application that displays all the runtime information on a remote Linux computer. I decided against using Unreal Engine 4 for that sort of thing (I was already doing that). It was just too much overhead and takes too long to compile and start up. The new app offers a much faster iteration loop. This has really helped while fleshing out and tuning things. The next step is to add a goal system and another layer on top of the current learning algorithm. Time is not as easy to come by for the project robot but it is moving forward. I'd love to hear any feedback that you wonderful people might have.